Friday, March 12, 2010

Expectations


I’ve been feeling a little guilty about not posting here more regularly here, so I wanted to explain why. I thought I would have relatively constant internet access and time to write while on tour. Given the time we spend on the road, in rehearsal, and in the countryside, that hasn’t proved to be the case. I think I overpromised how often I was going to be able to write, and I'm sorry about that.  I want to correct whatever unrealistic expectations I may have set up for myself. I absolutely do want to share the great time I’m having, and to that end I’ve been writing, journaling, and taking tons of photos. But internet access and free time have been so sparse that I can never know if I’ll be able to post something or not. So, you can expect that, while I will post here as often as I am able, most of my sharing will happen after I get back – when I will love to talk to you, show you photos, tell you stories, in as close a form of communication as we can pull off. Sound good? Good! Now, on to the important stuff. Next chance you get, remind me to tell you about the concert in Hexham Abbey. It was wonderful, and I never knew I could feel so happy and sad at the same time.

No comments: